Finally: the first project



My friend Joke, who has been weaving for 6 years already, made me my first warp (Record sheet). She brought it to Heerlen from Houten and together we dressed my loom for the very first time!

I was so excited and really needed all my patience to watch and learn. So many threads!!! How to keep them all separated and in the right order.....

There is the very important cross, which keeps all the threads (624 in this case) in the right order.


Once all the threads are spread out over the raddle, you can start beaming the warp onto the warp beam.

Heddling is time consuming, but for me it works really calming.

The first few centimeters look promising.

Together with my friend we decided on a block pattern in plain weave.

Because I was a bit (?) impatient I cut of the first meter of cloth and tied the warp again. Still 5 meters to go.

I made a cushion for my weaving bench with it....appropriate isn't it?
The other part I made into dish towels.

Reacties